Monday, February 25, 2008

be kind, rewind.

Sorry about the hiatus.
It's mid-terms and I've had too many things on my plate to get around to this. I've got a brief break tonight [read: regular amount of homework] before I have to outline 5 essays for an exam.
Hopefully, though, my Wednesday at noon, I'll be basically done.
Ahhhhhh. A break is clear!

At least, in my time schedule, if not the weather*.

Is it still Monday? Can it possibly still be Monday?

The week before any break is the longest ever. We all have exams, papers, and projects on top of our regular schedule of reading and response writing, lectures and TA hours.

*A weekend of 30s and then back to snow storms. Thanks, Wisconsin.
--

I cannot tell you, though, how excited I am to see this movie: Be Kind Rewind.


Not only do I love Michel Gondry but I also love Mos Def.

Any movie that gets the fans involved before it is released is right up my alley.

As the main characters do in the film, fans are "sweding*" their favorites.

My personal favorite sweded films are:
Labyrinth
Tron
The Princess Bride

I hope to see this as soon as I can when I get home. How about Sunday morn?

*Sweding: The tapes in the Be Kind Rewind video store take so long to receive because they are coming from "Sweden" when they are really being refilmed.

No comments: