Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's the Final Countdown

I feel like my head's been in another place for the past week. Things are falling through the cracks as classes start to hit the last 6 weeks. As professors try to fit everything in students start to get stressed. I've been lucky not to lose more than a day being sick this semester but it seems almost inevitable. Last semester I ended up taking my finals while on antibiotics for a sinus infection. Hopefully this will be skipped this year...

We have about 4 and a half weeks of classes until finals. Within that are multiple of the 3 Ps: papers, presentations, and projects. My sanity seems to be running away from me. I find myself 15 pages into a packet on Marx and realize that I've absorbed nothing. The highlighter poised in my hand remains capped as I begin again...

It seems like such a downer of an entry and I apologize. I guess I'm starting to slump and need a break. Heck, this is my 5th semester here, and I think I deserve my two months off before next semester (the Australia semester starts mid-February).

Also, since it's now November, the inevitable snow fall will begin. It's been hovering just above freezing for the past two days. We had some brief non-sticking snow on Friday afternoon but it mostly drizzled icy rain. My computer tells me it's snowing right now but my window does not.

And to think it was 65 on Election Day...



I voted!

No comments: